We have a couple of friends popping over for a quick drink before we go out tonight. I thought I would make some hummus to enjoy with our drink:
HUMMUS - Makes a large bowl
400g Tin of chickpeas, 2 Tablespoons of tahini paste, 2 Cloves grated garlic, 10mil Extra virgin olive oil, Juice from quarter of a lemon, 1 Teaspoon of runny honey, Pinch of salt and pepper, Cumin seeds (optional)
- Drain the chick peas, saving the water
- Put the drained chickpeas and 100mil of the water from the can in to the food processor
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blitz till smooth
- Taste and add extra salt and pepper if needed. If it is quite dry or a bit thick add in some more olive oil
- When you are ready to serve the hummus, toast cumin seeds in a frying pan for a couple of minutes and sprinkle over the top of the hummus and drizzle with olive oil
This will keep in the fridge for a few days. I use Organic Tahini paste as it is not as thick.
I serve this with pitta bread. Slice the pitta and place on a baking tray, drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle with cumin. Bake in oven at 200 for 5-10 minutes till crisp.
If you don't like cumin, leave it off the top of the hummus and add chilli flakes to the pitta instead of cumin.